Web Page Optimization is best done when you already know the traffic keywords to use. After you’ve selected your key phrases, now it’s time to make your website applicable to those keywords. First, you’ll need to alter your website structure, and then you definitely should edit all of the pages. Here are some tips to help you optimize your website for search engines and if you need assistance reach to us for website optimization and SEO services. You can get a quick and more detailed seo audit by inserting your website link below.
Get quick site SEO Report!
Enter your URL below to get full in-depth SEO report and tips.
Use 9 words or 60 characters but not more than 65 characters.
Use keywords at the beginning where possible keep it close to the left side.
It is unnecessary to include your company name except the name is a popular brand. You can use this tool to count the words charactercounttool.
Best Practices for a title tag
- Use a different title for each page.
- Where reasonable, include major Keyword Phrase in every title of each page.
- Start the title of your home page with your major Keyword Phrase, followed by your best Secondary Keyword Phrases, etc.
- If you must include your company name, put it at the end of the title.
- Avoid using stop words in-between your keyword phrase where possible
- Do not repeat your keywords more than 2 to 3 times in the title. It leads to keyword stuffing.
- Gives insight/preview of what is inside the content
- Not so important in ranking yet harmful when it is done wrong.
- Improves traffic.
- Remember to add keywords in your meta description tag.
- Avoid too much repetition of keywords
- There should not be more than 156 characters in a description meta tag of a single web page.
- The meta description should not be less than 70 characters.
- Use a different meta description tag for each page, as each page is different and stands a better chance of being found if you place a good title and
description tags on it.
Use keywords sparingly with variations.
Remember to make use of searchers intent and keep the main points brief.
Make use of Headers (H1, H2, H3, etc.)
When editing the URL, Include the major keyword; separate words with hyphens and avoid making it very long. The shorter the better.
Optimised images help speed up the website loading time. Website speed is a considerable factor in Google’s ranking factors. Check website speed (target score of 75+) use: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights. Name image filenames with descriptive keywords and create descriptive ALT tags for all images.
Index all necessary web pages:
- Make sure Google is finding all your pages. Search “site: yourwebsite.com” in Google
- Ensure your website is mobile friendly. Check if your website is mobile friendly using this link: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/
- Set up the Google Analytics and search console, XML Sitemap, Schema, Check and repair broken links.
- Another important tip is to add SSL to the website. This will ensure the links are all https standard.
- A Tool that will speed up your optimization process. Screaming frog – free version for 500 URL or less.